Friday, September 9, 2011

That's Not a Scrapbook...

We hosted breakfast for some friends the other day, one of them is a freelance writer. She also took this photo of me and my cutie. Since I have few photos of the two of us, I'm trying not to focus on the fact that it may or may not appear that I have a double chin. I don't care, of course, because she captured one of my little dude's sweetest expressions. Pure joy.

We were discussing the topics about which we write. I told the group about the scrapbook Brent and I are making together. He looked at me as if to say, "we are?" But the words he actually uttered, cluelessly, were, "For Thomas?"

Later that day, I said "Why did you act like you didn't know what I was talking about when I said we're making a scrapbook together?" He still didn't know what I was talking about. When I said, "we've been writing down memories and finding photos, remember?" He said, "Oh, that? Oh, I wouldn't call that a scrapbook." I asked, "what would you call it then?" He replied, "it's a memory card system."

Leave it to my hubby to make it sound technological.


More updates soon on how we're ROCKING our memory card system. Ha!


  1. oh my gosh anna that is cracking me up!! maybe you should pitch that name to becky higgins as a marketing tool to get more men on the scrapbooking bandwagon :)

    Oh and love the photo too...way to get yourself documented as well!

  2. MEMORY CARD SYSTEM!? I'm dying. Too funny! I love this pic of you and the little guy--just about the sweetest kid ever.

  3. Hello, I have a quick question for you about your site. If you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience I would greatly appreciate it. Have a great day!

    Dan Gilbert
    Communications Coordinator
    Primrose Schools

  4. Nicole, I agree! Maybe Becky Higgins is looking for ideas. Ha! Where is your new job? And how's it going?

    Krysten, Brent is unintentionally hilarious and I love it! I'm excited for fall recipes on your blog :)